Sleep state classification
This project is based on an attempt to recognize various sleep states in the data recorded by CHIME home monitor. So far activity data captured by an accelerometrer located on a diaper, heart rate variabilty and respiratory variability have been used to classify sleep states. We are also looking into inreasing reliability of sleep state classification.
More information coming soon…
· Sleep Versus Wake Classification from Heart Rate Variability Using Computational Intelligence: Consideration of Rejection in Classification Models, A.T. Lewicke, E.S. Sazonov, M.J. Corwin, S.A.C. Schuckers, CHIME study group, accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.
· Activity-based sleep–wake identification in infants*, Edward Sazonov, Nadezhda Sazonova, Stephanie Schuckers, Michael Neuman and CHIME Study Group 2004 Physiol. Meas. 25 1291-1304 http://stacks.iop.org/0967-3334/25/1291
* Top 10% downloads out of all Institute Of Physics journals in 2005.
· Sleep State Scoring in Infants from Respiratory and Activity Measurements, N.A. Sazonova, E. Sazonov, B. Tan, S. Schuckers, Proceedings of 2006 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference.
· Reliable Determination of Sleep Versus Wake from Heart Rate Variability Using Neural Networks *, Aaron Lewicke, Edward Sazonov, Michael Corwin and Stephanie Schuckers , Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Montreal, 2005.
* Best student paper
· Sleep-Wake Identification in Infants: Heart Rate Variability Compared to Actigraphy. Lewicke, Aaron T.; Sazonov, Edward S.; Schuckers, Stephanie A. C. Proceedings of 2004 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference. San-Francisco, September 2004.
· Activity-based sleep-wake identification in infants, Nadezhda Sazonova, Edward Sazonov and Stephanie Schuckers, The 29th Annual Conference of Computers in Cardiology, Memphis, Tennessee, September 22-25, 2002.